We are committed to the elimination of unlawful and unfair discrimination and value the differences that a diverse workforce brings. We believe that Every Mission Matters and it’s this diversity of ideas and talent that enables our success, as a mix of voices leads to better discussions, decisions, and outcomes for everyone. We recognise that diversity brings new perspective to our conversations, inclusion is having a voice and engagement is having that voice heard.
Every employee in our Company has a responsibility to ensure that we are all treated fairly and with respect. Intolerance, which we condemn in any form, will always have no place in our Company. We strive for a culture which provides everyone with opportunities to succeed and grow, and operate in an environment where they can be authentic, know they are valued and be the best version of themselves.
We have committed investment to an ongoing Wellbeing scheme which encompasses manager training for recognising and managing stress, a Wellbeing portal which signposts support and useful information, and the provision of a trained counsellor for face-to-face, on-site or online sessions with our employees. In addition we also provide our employees with a free and confidential 24/7 employee support helpline.
We are not resting on any laurels, and recognise the importance of encouraging more women into Engineering and Flight Operations, and providing sponsorship to students. To address this, we are developing deeper relationships with local schools, colleges and universities, so we can attract a diversity of talent, and bring opportunities to underprivileged young people, for example through our affiliation with the Jon Egging Trust.
As part of our commitment to our people and the creation of an inclusive working environment, our current Diversity and Inclusion Policy is under review and we will be releasing a Dignity at Work policy. We also have a Company Ethics Help line, available 24/7 for any individual who wishes to raise concerns and help us maintain a positive and comfortable working environment.
Safety, Health and Environment
We are firmly committed to ensuring Safety, Health & Environment standards for all our activities. Our SHE framework provides a consistent approach for managing and reporting risk in these areas and forms an integral part of our business processes.
The safety of our employees and other stakeholders affected by our activities takes top priority across the business.
- Strong safety performance underpinned by continuous improvement practice
- Safety management systems certified to OHSAS 18001 (part completion ISO 45001)
- Positive safety culture driven by effective leadership in safety
- Business wide IOSH training delivered via an internal accredited IOSH training facility
- Annual KPIs in place to benchmark against our safety performance
- Internal & external audit programmes delivered
We continually strive to safeguard our employees from any adverse health conditions as a result of our work activities
- Increased investment and access to occupational health services
- Health assessments undertaken upon joining the business
- Regular health monitoring for staff identified as working in a hazardous environment
We aim to continually improve our environmental practices and performance across our all our sites
- ISO 14001 certified environmental management systems in place ensure compliance and best practices are adopted
- Reduction initiatives implemented to improve the business carbon footprint through effective water, energy and waste management
- Supply chain engagement supports progress to minimise our environmental impact